The Swing Literacy Development Method Teacher Education Program is intended for:
|New Teachers who:
||Experienced Teachers who:
- want to start their teaching career wisely
- have an instinct that traditional methods are insufficient
- feel an obligation to future students who deserve quality instruction
- are seeking to understand the dance better before teaching it
- consistently seek professional development
- are hoping to upgrade their skills
- are looking for a better alternative to traditional methods of teaching dance
- are wanting to build their student base by providing a better product
The SLDM Program Model
The SLDM Teacher Education Program is divided into 3 parts, which in total take between 4 months and 1 year in total to complete. Click on each link below to learn more:
Online, interactive coursework open to anyone, available any time, work at your own pace.
Time to complete: 15+hours.
This is the bulk of the program.
session at select weekend dance events, available in group or
Pre-Requisite: Theory Module.
Guided independent assignments based on real
Pre-requisite: Theory Module.
Graduates have up to one year to complete the Teaching Practicum for full SLDM Certification.
How much does it cost?
Why can’t I just do the Teachers’ Lab?
Can I just do the Theory Module if I’m not interested in teaching?
What kind of assignments and testing will I have to do?
Is it compatible with other teacher trainings?