The Teachers’ Lab is available exclusively to teacher trainees enrolled in the Practicum.
The Teachers’ Lab is restricted, live session offered at select weekend dance events. There are two formats:
- Intensive format (4 hours): The Lab is actually integrated into a public Swing Literacy Intensive. Teachers assist and engage in projects during and after the SLI.
- Private format (2-4 hours): like a private lesson, you can complete your Teachers’ Lab solo, or in a small private group.
In the Teachers’ Lab, we will guide trainees as they put the Theory into practice by:
- physically experiencing drills
- learning physical manipulation techniques
- applying sequencing of progressions in basic patterns and variations
- assessing and troubleshooting live dancers
- collaborating with other trainees to brainstorm and problem-solve
No two Labs are ever the same. Labs are a great way to get a “tune-up”, get inspiration, or bring your puzzling teaching questions for discussion. Trainees can repeat the Teachers’ Lab as often as they choose, at a 50% discount.
The Teachers’ Lab is not an intensive for dancers. For information on hiring us to teach a public Swing Literacy Intensive for the dancers in your area, please visit our Workshops page.
To book us for a private Teachers’ Lab at an event, please contact us directly.