Edit your Account Preferences
What’s New in 2019?
You might have noticed the Swing Literacy programs have gotten a major facelift in 2018, making it easier for WCS dancers to understand what we do and why it will make such a big difference in their dance.
|Teacher Development Program
|Theory Module for Teachers
- All relevant M&T instructional videos are now included and downloadable
- Practicum projects now get unlocked concurrently as you progress through the Theory Module.
- Massive & detailed program outline mindmap (Module intro page)
- 6 Pillars of WCS Teaching (Lesson 1.1)
- Specific skill progressions & prescribed drills for every fundamental WCS skill (Unit 3)
- Troubleshooting & diagnostics of common student errors (Unit 4)
- Cause & effect chart for every WCS fundamental skill (Unit 3)
- 10 more teaching traps to watch out for (Unit 4)
- How to respond to common questions students will ask (throughout)
- Momentum refinements including: 3 types of boings, pre-leading, and new drills & progressions (Unit 3)
- How to organize your patterns so that students can remember them (Unit 3)
- How to analyze and vet any technique before you teach it (Unit 3)
- Lesson plan critique example (Unit 4)
- How to “sell” your methods to your students (Unit 4)
- Community citizenships “sins” (Unit 6)
- How to organize a WCS workshop (Unit 6)
- Projects are now accessible during the Theory Module, instead of waiting till the end.
- New project option: Advanced Curriculum
- New project option: Private Student Assessments
- New project option: Inventory & Wisdom Audit
- New project option: Live Instructional Coaching
- Massive resource vault with templates, examples, and resources you can edit & print
- Certification available
Fast Track for Teachers
VIP version of the TDP, which includes 6-months of Fast Track coaching
*NEW* Dancer Development Program
|Theory Module for Dancers
||20 hours of multimedia online coursework. 50% overlap with TDP: additional Units on Music Skills, Pattern Skills, and Social Dance Skills
Fast Track for Dancers
VIP version of the DDP, which includes 6 months of Fast Track coaching
Theory Module Graduates:
Log in below to access your courses.